<< Back to all Blogs
Login or Create your own free blog
Layout:
Home > I Had to Say No...
 

I Had to Say No...

February 6th, 2010 at 08:59 pm

when I got a call earlier this week asking me to work today. Normally I would have definitely jumped at the chance, since I could certainly use the $. Plus, this is the job I formerly worked at on Saturdays...however, with 2-3 feet of snow predicted for that area today would have made it virtually impossible for me to get there! They call me so rarely to fill-in, I just really wish I could have done it. On a good day with no precipitation it would take me about 1 1/2 hr to get there, but certainly worth the pay. I don't think I could have gotten there in my Honda Civic.

I called them back to decline the offer, explaining my concerns and the receptionist said that if the winter storm was too bad, they would most likely cancel the scheduled patients anyway. I told them to keep me in mind in the future when a clinician wanted a day off.

So the snow stopped falling a couple of hours ago here. DS and a few neighborhood children shoveled the driveway. It looks like we got about 20 inches!

2 Responses to “I Had to Say No...”

  1. homebody Says:

    Good decision! Stay warm and dry.

  2. Jerry Says:

    If you can't have any insurance of actually getting there, it would have been foolish to accept the shift. I think safety in these types of storms leads to the best policy of all.
    Jerry

Leave a Reply

(Note: If you were logged in, we could automatically fill in these fields for you.)
*
Will not be published.
   

* Please spell out the number 9.  [ Why? ]

vB Code: You can use these tags: [b] [i] [u] [url] [email]